maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven JDeps Plugin
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 10:24:44 GMT
Op Fri, 20 Feb 2015 04:48:54 +0100 schreef Hervé BOUTEMY
<herve.boutemy@free.fr>:

> ok, I just updated the index page to try to improve explanations about
> this
> unusual/new toolchains use case (ie not trying to be consistent across
> plugins)
>
> notice that if you use ToolchainManagerPrivate like
> maven-toolchains-plugin
> does, you even don't require Maven 3.2.6 to do that

You need to do a bit more: up until Maven 3.2.5 it was the
maven-toolchain-plugin which triggered the reading of the toolchains.xml.
So you have to add that part of the code as well to this plugin. And you
have to copy the business logic to select the proper toolchain too.
I'd prefer to keep it as it is, so this kind of logic doesn't get spread
over all kinds of plugins.

best,
Robert