maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven JDeps Plugin
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:16:14 GMT
Op Sun, 15 Feb 2015 07:09:37 +0100 schreef Hervé BOUTEMY
<herve.boutemy@free.fr>:

> another topic:
> "When using Apache Maven 3.2.6 you don't need to include the <<<maven-
> toolchain-plugin>>>; the <<<maven-jdeps-plugin>>>
>  can pick up..."
>
> looking at the code, IIUC: the plugin doesn't use the jdk toolchain
> configured
> (or not) for the whole build with maven-toolchain-plugin but will select
> a jdk
> toolchain based on its own preference
>
> isn't it?

yes. Up until Maven 3.2.5 the maven-toolchain-plugin was responsible for
reading the toolchains.xml, so in a multimodule project the same file was
read over and over again.
This has been rewritten. Now it is read only once on startup. This also
made it possible to read it without the maven-toolchain-plugin, which
makes sense in this case. You probably want to verify if your current
(older JDK) code is ready according to jdeps (newer JDK, i.e. 8 and above).

This is the magic line:
List<Toolchain> tcs =
	(List<Toolchain>) getToolchainsMethod.invoke( toolchainManager, session,
"jdk",
	Collections.singletonMap( "version", "[1.8,)" ) );
The final arguments defines the restriction.
We could make a mojo parameter for this, so users can lock it to a
specific tool.

thanks,
Robert