maven-dev mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Adding @Nonnull annotations to EnforcerRule
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:41:37 GMT
Hi guys,

Just tried on IRC without much success. Using JSR305 annotations on some
internal enforcer rules, we encounter some issue like for example the
checker thinking the helper reference could be passed null in the execute
method [1].

It would help to declare it like this instead:

void execute(@Nonnull EnforcerRuleHelper helper)

What's your take on this?

I can file a JIRA and attach the associated patch, but I thought I'd dump
the question here first. I know those annotations have started to be using
inside the core, so I suppose that shouldn't be an issue there too?

Is this something you'd be OK to integrate inside the enforcer-api?

Thanks

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-api/apidocs/org/apache/maven/enforcer/rule/api/EnforcerRule.html#execute(org.apache.maven.enforcer.rule.api.EnforcerRuleHelper)

--