maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lennart Jörelid <lennart.jore...@gmail.com>
Subject Disable JDK 8 JavaDoc Lint checks for test javadocs?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 06:53:22 GMT
Hello all,

While I'm not a huge fan of the rather extensive checks done by the Java 8
doclint, there are some nifty checks that it does to simplify all our lives.

However, in test scope, one would likely have the ability to use
non-compliant javadocs (for things such as testing custom tags in javadoc).

Could we - in our parent poms - configure the javadoc plugin with something
like:

  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <configuration>
        <additionalparam>-Xdoclint:none</additionalparam>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>

For the test-javadoc execution only?