maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Roadmap Proposal Plugin Releases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 11:42:02 GMT
Hi,

after some discussions at FOSDEM with Hervé, Kristian and Robert in
Brussels i will summarize some ideas we would like to share here:

Make a final release of all plugins with minium Maven 2.2.1
(prerequisites) and Java 1.5

The current state of this approach can be watched on the dist-tool [2] page.

After that we can start making releases of the plugins which have
minimum Maven 3.0 and JDK 6 (I think this will bring many cleanups in
code etc.)

To make this more clear for the users the plugin versions should be
bumped to 3.0....independant from their current version.

This approach gives us the possibility to make in case of real bugs bug
fix releases of the older plugins for JDK 5 etc. without confusion JDK
5/JDK6 etc.

These are the steps to leave Maven 2 completely behind..Yeah ;-)

Currently we have two (three) exceptions maven-site-plugin (some kind of
special case), maven-scm-publish-plugin and maven-shade-plugin which
already have the Maven 3 requirement.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40maven.apache.org/msg102539.html
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html