maven-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open JIRA issues/retiring plugins
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:38:04 GMT

I’m -1 to retiring the maven-eclipse-plugin until the m2e stuff is at a state where it can
be as flexible and useful as the maven-eclipse-plugin.   Trying to bring a large complex project
like CXF into eclipse with m2e is PAINFUL and doesn’t even result in fully configured and
ready workspace.   The developer experience within eclipse is so much better after using the
maven-eclipse-plugin.

I suppose that does mean I should step up and look at some of the JIRA’s and get a release
out.  I’ll see if I can find some time.

Dan

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 4:23 AM, Michael Osipov <1983-01-06@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have performed another cleanup on JIRA in the last couple of days, most of on old issues.
> Right now, we have more than 2000 open issues. Not manageble from my point of view.
>
> I have noticed that several plugins haven't been touched in years. What is the status
of
> the following plugins:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-doap-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-stage-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-patch-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/
>
> Is anyone working on them or planning to release a version? Any thoughts or objections?
>
> I'd like to retire them and clean up JIRA plugin by plugin.
>
> Michael

Daniel Kulp