maven-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: maven git commit: .mvn/ for project specific jvm options and maven parameters
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:11:30 GMT
Am Sun, 08 Feb 2015 07:57:03 -0500
schrieb Igor Fedorenko <igor@ifedorenko.com>:

> What if there was single "real" mvn script and mvnDebug/mvnyjp were
> just symlinks pointing back to it? The script will behave differently
> based on the script name. Any objections to this plan?

I am all for having only one script. They have diverged too much
anyway (the java_home fix I did for Max OS was missing in two of them
for example). Not sure how common the old names are used (never
encountered them, at least not for normal usage), so having them as
wrappers (or symlinks) calling the common script is optional. But
having the logic only in one place is a big win.

Gruss
Bernd