maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Apache Maven JDeps Plugin
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 15:48:01 GMT
generic toolchain ordering doesn't seem feasible

jdk toolchain ordering, since we know fields, can be done: version is the
easiest one to order. But then there are other properties: how to order them,
since they are full open?

it will be the same if you implement order in jdeps plugin: how to order
Oracle JDK 1.8 with OpenJDK 1.8 and IBM JDK 1.8?

the question of ordering isn't as trivial as expected: sometimes, some user
may want not only the latest but another condition

Regards,

Hervé