maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: MavenPluginManager#setupPluginRealm "imports" parameter
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 03:04:11 GMT
Le mardi 3 février 2015 16:42:47 Igor Fedorenko a écrit :
> Does anyone have a usecase that demonstrates use of
> MavenPluginManager#setupPluginRealm "imports" parameter? I've found
> DefaultMavenReportExecutor from maven-reporting-exec, which provides
> list of imported packages, but not sure how to use it from a project.
what do you mean by "use it from a project"?

maven-reporting-exec is used by maven-site-plugin to execute reports: maven-
site-plugin is the only plugin I know of that launches plugins (here called
"reports"), but this is the general use case = "plugins launching plugins"

I really need it for m-site-p

>  From what I can tell, this parameter is currently masked by
> DefaultMavenPluginManager implementation and plugins can use any classes
> from the provided parent classloader. So I am not sure if we should fix
> parent imports implementation or get rid of it completely.
"fix"? what is the bug you're trying to fix?
is this API causing issue for some evolution?

Regards,

Hervé