maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Open JIRA issues/retiring plugins
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 02:57:22 GMT
Le lundi 2 février 2015 10:23:00 Michael Osipov a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> I have performed another cleanup on JIRA in the last couple of days, most of
> on old issues. Right now, we have more than 2000 open issues. Not manageble
> from my point of view.
>
> I have noticed that several plugins haven't been touched in years. What is
> the status of the following plugins:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/
the fact that our plugins documentation standard doesn't change often doesn't
mean that this plugin is not completely useful and maintained
-1 for retirement

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-doap-plugin/
Semantic web is not dead: I know it's not well known and used, but it
could/should change.
I'd prefer to keep this plugin

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/
good question: who uses it?

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-stage-plugin/
ok, Olivier replied on this one

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
Andreas and Dan's plan is great

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/
good question: does anybody use this plugin nowadays?

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-patch-plugin/
This one seems unused and not really usable: I imagine nobody uses it

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
would require more love and work...
this does not deserve retirement, IMHO

> http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/
others already replied, but I'm really surprised that there are questions
against this one :)

> Is anyone working on them or planning to release a version? Any thoughts or
> objections?
knowing every use of every plugin is not so easy, then deciding about removing
something is hard

in the list, I only see 2 plugins I'm really skeptical about real use:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-patch-plugin/
taking time to ask on users list then follow the retirement plan could be
useful on these

And I don't know about
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/
If someone is using it, please tell :)