maven-dev mailing list archives

From twilliamso...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Creating a patch for maven-pmd-plugin
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:12:31 GMT
This may or may not be a "stupid question", but it's new territory for me
so I thought I would ask:

I normally use Git for source control, so when I updated the
maven-pmd-plugin project, I just downloaded the source .zip file into a
new Git repo and made my changes.  Now I need to create a patch to upload
my changes.  Can I create a suitable patch using Git, or do I need to move
all my work into Subversion and create the patch from there?

Tom Williamson
Senior Developer
O'Reilly Automotive
twilliamson32@oreillyauto.com

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by
Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS ยง 2510, solely for the use of the
intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you
are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately.
Thank you.