maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Preview release: Plexus Archiver multithreaded Zip edition
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:03:50 GMT
Do you foresee any issues with "use all available CPU cores" when used on a
shared resource like CI server?
When writing guidelines for my customers' devs I'm always very firm on that
build jobs are not allowed to fork (or similar) freely and thereby
occupy more than their share of the resources on CI. Sure, I see the
benefit for one job to do so but it will be on the expense of all other
building jobs.

/Anders