maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preview release: Plexus Archiver multithreaded Zip edition
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2015 19:14:30 GMT
No NIO. The problem is the ZipArchiveOutputStream in commons compress
which is already suffering from a bit of an overload. With the changes
I made to ZipArchiveOutputStream you could probably try to make a
patch; it'd be interesting to see what kind of effect it would have.
Be sure to make your patch as small and clean as possible if it's
going to commons :) (And there's a profile with IT's there too :)

I somehow suspect that the mix of small computations and quite small
blocks of IO is the main reason this algorithm is no faster.  It
writes about 250MB/s on my MBP SSD right now in the "gather" phase.

Kristain