maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: JIRA projects for Maven
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 06:40:49 GMT
Le mercredi 7 janvier 2015 08:52:07 Tony Stevenson a écrit :
> On 7 January 2015 at 07:20, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:
> > ok
> > who can prepare a little VM with Jira 6.3.4? Can infra?
>
> We cab, but it wont be soon.  We are extremely busy right now. I'd
> imagine it would be a number of weeks before we can look at this for
> you.
ok, I probably did not ask for the rigth thing: I thing we need a way to let
any Maven developer to have a clean Jira 6.3.4 on his desktop. I don't know if
this sould be a puppet script, or a VM image. Or perhaps a procedure.
I don't know if this is somthing easy for someone used to such things.

I intend to try this WE: can I get help on IRC or HipChat?

> > and how to get Codehaus content? Any maven dev with knowledge and karma?
>
> You will need someone with the Jira Systems Admin privilege to do the
> export for you.
>
> > I'm interested to try the process on MPLUGIN [1]
> > then be ready for later any Mave developer to do the same for each and
> > every Jira project
> >
> > notices:
> > 1. account dedup will have to work when executed multiple times, since a
> > lot of accounts are shared between Maven Jira projects
>
> Understood.
>
> > 2. I still didn't understand: will the Jira issue identifiers change or
> > not? Will Codehaus MPLUGIN-288 migrate to MPLUGIN-288 in ASF or is there
> > a risk that it changes?
>
> Assuming that the project keys do not clash with existing ones then
> that should be ok.  Though if you use any method other than the one
> described by Mark we cannot guarantee the issue ordering will remain
> intact (i.e. if you scripted it with RPC-XML etc).
great, we clearly need to keep the issues ids