maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preview release: Plexus Archiver multithreaded Zip edition
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2015 18:55:47 GMT
Hi Kristian,
Are you using NIO for writing big chunks?
Several years ago I made NIO1 measurements. I found that using 256KB
DirectByteBuffe on Win together with MappedByteBuffer/RandomAccessFile on
very large files 1GB got terribly fast throughput 400MB/s on ordinal hard
drive however the flush/close operation was obviously slow. So this DMA on
mapped memory really gains the performance.