maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 16:59:02 GMT
On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 2014-12-27 um 17:38 schrieb Benson Margulies:
>>
>> I've re-asked infra if there is any possible path to moving all the
>> JIRA projects to ASF infrastructure. I'll report back.
>

> Very good! I think that most people are confused why all Maven related stuff
> is not on *.apache.org but on codehaus.org

For those of you who are newish; the problem is that JIRA is famously
a hog (on the one hand) and that at codehaus we have a _lot_ of JIRA
projects (in the other). In the past, there was some consideration of
squashing all the plugin projects into one with components; that would
be a painful transition. If Infra still can't accommodate all the
individual projects I think we should reconsider it.