maven-dev mailing list archives

From jieryn <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is distributionManagement inside the pom?
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:34:34 GMT
On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.1-mycompany-01 && mvn clean javadoc:jar
> source:jar deploy -DaltDeploymentUrl=my-Id::default::my-url && mvn
> versions:revert
>
> Ok so it's a long command line, but really not that much work at the end of
> they day. I did it 4 times last month

Which is why I keep it handy via a small bash function in my
environment. It's very easy grease for one-off type fixes to keep the
gears moving across large projects requiring many external plugins and
dependencies. We even have a dedicated Archiva repository for those
locally fixed third party hotfix deployments, so we can keep track and
manage them sanely.

I think the only thing we are missing for this pattern is a
differential tracker for really slow (to release) upstream projects,
where our local fix has not been released, but other fixes are landing
there. It's too much work to do manually, maybe Jenkins has a hotfix
plugin where you can drop in a patch and have it keep track of
upstream and also manage the application of your local patch... hrm.