maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Maven Commit 3b671d07340b002e13775883d09e7f7e0d9a3c49
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:32:35 GMT
HI Tibor,

On 12/29/14 3:19 PM, Tibor Digana wrote:
> It looks like this was concurrency issue.
> Does it mean that methods #getBuildSummary and #addBuildSummary are called
> in different threads?

The LifeCycleModuleBuilder calls addBuildSummary ()...where i assume it
will happen if you define -T 2 on command line...

> We changed a pure ArrayList with ConcurrentLinkedQueue in surefire:2.18.1 to
> have "deterministic" behavior.
> I guess we should do the same in maven core.

> If you solved a bit of concurrency, other issue may appear next time, I have
> still the same problem with thread-unsafe classes

> DefaultMavenExecutionResult and MavenProject. Both don't use final fields
> and don't use concurrent collections and they instantiate buildSummaries in
> #addBuildSummary instead of in constructor.

DefaultMavenExecutionResult contains:

     private List<MavenProject> topologicallySortedProjects =
Collections.emptyList();

which is not thread safe...might be wise to change this...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise