maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JIRA
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:57:25 GMT
Hi Benson,

> On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org> wrote:
>> Am 2014-12-27 um 17:38 schrieb Benson Margulies:
>>>
>>> I've re-asked infra if there is any possible path to moving all the
>>> JIRA projects to ASF infrastructure. I'll report back.
>>

>> Very good! I think that most people are confused why all Maven related stuff
>> is not on *.apache.org but on codehaus.org
>
> For those of you who are newish; the problem is that JIRA is famously
> a hog (on the one hand) and that at codehaus we have a _lot_ of JIRA
> projects (in the other).

 > In the past, there was some consideration of
> squashing all the plugin projects into one with components; that would
> be a painful transition.

Not that it will be painful... it will result in loosing the overview of
the individual projects cause we have different maintainers for
different plugins ....etc.

 > If Infra still can't accommodate all the
> individual projects I think we should reconsider it.

Does the problem relate to number of projects or is it a problem of
handling the request for changes on the projects itself etc.?

Loosing overview and see how painfull it is in having many parts into a
single project can be viewed in the MSHARED project:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED/

I don't wan't to have all projects into a single project squashed...sorry...

I'm willing to help to support for request on jira request...etc.

Furthermore if you take a look at the commons area in JIRA it is not
that different from Maven..may be only in the number of projects...

To be clear about that it would be a good idea to migrate to ASF ...

But not squashing......

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise