maven-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adopt Mr Couché-Tard as our mascot, change the logo font to Alte Haas Grotesk, change the colour letter to "v"
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:53:40 GMT
Actually Sun had Duke protected and enforced it a long time, but they
released the restriction a few years back (2006), even released the artwork
under a BSD license. But the Java Cup Logo is still restricted. (
http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/java/java-licensing-logo-guidelines-1908204.pdf
)

https://kenai.com/projects/duke/pages/Home

Gruss
Bernd
Am 20.11.2014 22:41 schrieb "Stephen Connolly" <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>:

> On 20 November 2014 21:36, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Trademarks are tied to an industry/usage. So someone using a name for a
> > convenience store has no assertion over the same name used for software
> --
> > at least that's how it works in the US. And I don't think we're looking
> > trademark the Mascot name, are we? I thought this was just a logo and the
> > name is unofficial.
> >

> Correct.
>
> Java's mascot is called Duke... I don't think Sun trademarked Durk nor have
> Oracle (yet... at least to my knowledge)
>

> > Cheers,
> > Paul
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org>
> > wrote: