maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New logo?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:38:19 GMT
On Saturday, November 22, 2014, Chris Graham <chrisgwarp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chiming in late here. Where does "Couché-tard" come from and what does it
> mean? How is it relevant?

Couché-tard is the French nickname for an owl, literal meaning is "sleeps
late"

> I read one of Stephen's earlier posts where the colourisation V was
> questions. Stephen's response was the wrong one: Would you prefer the A? My
> response is: why colourise or stress any of them? I don't get the
> significance.

We have a logo that currently stresses the a for - from my perspective - no
reason at all.

If we ditch all stress then we have little continuity of the existing brand

Thus for continuity I favour stressing one letter, and because this is v3
of our logo I choose the 3rd letter and v for version ;-) (real reason is I
think the v looks better)