maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graphic Design Assistance?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:26:34 GMT
Benson,

This sounds a bit like a case of owl or nothing...

* We can see if there are any other of the submissions we received for the
contest we ran and do a vote off

* we can try and reboot the contest again; or

* we can see if the community is happy with "shotgun the (mostly) friendly
owl" ;-) and Alte Haas Grotesk Bold Italic

* a final option would be to see if branding could give us a couple of
hundred dollars to run a design contest on one of the design contest
sites... When I looked into that option I came to the conclusion that we'd
either need to get very lucky or we'd need to give a reasonably constrained
brief as to what we want in a logo & mascot.... Otherwise we risk
inappropriate use of Native American imagery (or if that's not an issue we
could use the teepee logo I designed)... Or we end up with a logo that has
no meaning for the project

Right now, my feeling is that the contest ran its course... I really would
have liked the teepee logo with the feather v... Using just the teepee as a
mascot... But after taking on board the concerns over usage of Native
American imagery... After finding other "maven" companies using raven
logos... My considered opinion is the owl is the best we have

I don't have the energy to do anything other than call a vote to adopt the
owl and my suggested logo... So if people want to explore the other
options, please step up speak out and run with it!

If nobody speaks out in the next couple of days I'll call the vote (if that
would mean a vote over the US centric holiday, I think the vote should last
a bit longer than 72h)

-Stephen

--
Sent from my phone