maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: maven-filtering v1.3 - Checkstyle
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:05:57 GMT
Hi Kristian,

 > Just for the record; I am a long term slave & addict to the the green
> code analysis in IntelliJ. This might sometimes give a few warnings in
> checkstyle (since they do not always complain about the same
> things....)

Yeah..i had problems as well while working with IntelliJ cause for
example i can't get to work having only explicit imports in stead of
imports with .* ...

On the other hand if i'm working with Eclipse i have problem like this:

Checkstyle is complaining about a line which is longer than 120
characters (found 216).

  *             {@link
#getDefaultFilterWrappers(org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject,
java.util.List, boolean, org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession,
org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MavenResourcesExecution)}
48       */

which is true...the problem is that it can't be split on different lines
otherwise javadoc will not recognize it correctly...

So the question is: Is this a problem of checkstyle where i can't
distinguish between java code and javadoc ?

> The stuff in the report is old stuff, untouched by me.

Hey..no problem..never blamed someone (did i?)  just want to improve the
code and make it better....

It doesn't matter who has created it..if it's by me or by you or by
whoever...

> I think the
> question to ask is why they weren't par of the 1.2 release :)

That's a real good question....

And the answer...the parent has been updated in the mean time...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise