maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: errors reported by Checkstyle
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:01:11 GMT
Le lundi 13 octobre 2014 09:25:17 Olivier Lamy a écrit :
> Hi,
> You mean with the new setup the build will fail because of a checkstyle
> issue?
yes, it will fail because of an issue reported by Checkstyle, as we configured
its checking rules

> I personally find really hard for a "style" problem. (i.e something
> not related to a real technical problem).
1. not every Checkstyle rules are about "style" problem
2. if we configured Checkstyle to report an error, this means check should
fail: if you find that it should not fail, please help improve Checkstyle
configuration by setting severity to warning only

I know that the first check will give a lot of work to fix long-standing issues
But once the big fix has been done, it's a question of doing the little work to
apply our required conventions on daily operations: nothing really hard

Regards,

Hervé