maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing plexus-archiver with commons-compress?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 06:25:31 GMT
I implemented Zip via commons compress, and the patch can be seen here
https://github.com/krosenvold/plexus-archiver/tree/commonsCompressZipOutputStrea

I was planning to push the change, but I was somewhat set back by the
testing need, and I did not want to leave plexus-archiver in a "limbo"
state :) I figure the patch is OK as such.

The thing with the patch was that it took me some time to figure out
"at what level" plexus-archiver and commons compress were
"compatible"; we are after all talking about code
with the same ancient origins. I think my patch sets an example that
could be applied to the other archivers to migrate everything to
commons-compress.

I think we need to request a full round of community re-testing before
we release such a thing. But given the general number of bugs that are
present in plexus that should be fixed by migrating, there should be
some community interest...

Kristian