maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move maven-release to git
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:54:08 GMT
Hi

I think that we have landed at this: whoever feel like moving
something to git announces it to the dev community and if no one
objects then goes ahead with the move.

That being said, maven-release is a vital component in this case. We
need to be absolutely certain that the release-plugin work correctly
for our project/module setup (directory structure) when using git. If
it doesn't we could end up in a situation where we need to patch
maven-release, but can't release it because maven-release is busted
when using git. Now I'm not saying it is busted, although there has
been numerous bugs reported on the subject. We just need to sure that
it is good enough.

I am not that good with git, so I will let others be the judge as to
whether git support in maven-release is good enough. Apart from this I
have no objections to move maven-release to git.

--
Dennis Lundberg