maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plexus Archiver / Plexus Components
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:00:06 GMT
On 2014-09-09, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Your CLA is sufficient if you, yourself, commit it to an Apache repo. Since
>> we're planning to push a repo full of contributions from github to apache,
>> the CLA is not enough on its own.

> Explain to me how the CLA doesn't cover this case? Whether the code
> sat on your machine for 10 years or traveled through 20 repos. It's
> still your code and the conditions of the CLA apply.

Take a look at the definition of "Contribution" inside the CLA

   "Contribution" shall mean any original work of authorship,
   including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that
   is intentionally submitted by You to the Foundation for inclusion
   in, or documentation of, any of the products owned or managed by
   the Foundation (the "Work").

The code committed to github has not been "intentionally submitted to
the Foundation".

Stefan