maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Derricutt" <m...@talios.com>
Subject More POM 5.0 ideas - pom-manilupation-ext
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 11:57:08 GMT
Hey all,

Randomly came across this set of maven extension libraries the other
day:

   * https://github.com/jdcasey/pom-manipulation-ext
   * https://github.com/jdcasey/maven-versioning-extension

from John Casey - the first being a superset/improvement on the later.
The _dependency manipulation_ section along with the _bill of materials_
looks similar in intent to the superceeds spec. idea that's been
mentioned in here earlier.

Not sure if John's on the dev list here. I think the main one I like in
here is the version suffix, altho for my own use cases I'd rather see
something switch out -SNAPSHOT for the result of `git describe` (
last_tag-commit_count_since_tag-sha1 , i.e. `v2.9-rc2-640-g599a401` ).

Does anyone know of any other such maven extension libraries that
manipulate the pom in anyway?

Mark