maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MJAVADOC-398] pull request
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:07:05 GMT
On 2 Jul 2014, at 07:18, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 2014-07-01 12:59, schrieb Michal Srb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I filed a bug [1] and opened pull request [2] for maven-javadoc-plugin.
>> Please see links below for context. The real problem seems to be in
>> javadoc tool, but it can be avoided by not putting compiled project
>> classes on javadoc's "-classpath". The question is: can such change
>> break something? All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Michal
>>
>> [1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-398
>> [2]: https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/25
>
> For what it's worth, I have asked Michal to do so because this is a change in behavior.
If no one opposes, I will perform the merge.

Only thing I can think of are situations where the output directory contains code that has
no equivalent in the source directory - not adding the output directory would then make a
difference to javadoc. No idea if this is actually an issue in real-life, but IMHO it would
be safer to add a new configuration option to control whether the output directories are passed
to javadoc or not (and then default it to add). That way Michal can solve his particular use-case
without changing the current behaviour (or if you chose to default it to not add then people
who are affected by this change could still get the original behaviour).

( there may also be custom doclets that use class files for additional analysis? )