maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts on MNG-3522
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:09:32 GMT
Hi Paul,

that's my understanding as well.
But even in a single pom you can have issues.
Consider 2 plugins, with both 2 goals and you want to run it like

(phase=pre-integration-test)
pluginA:preSomething
pluginB:preStuff

(phase=post-integration-test)
pluginB:postStuff
pluginA:postSomething

Since plugins should be unique within the build-section, it's not possible
to have a clean solution for this.

Instead of the step-X solution of MNG-4727 I think you should be able to
run it before or after a specified goal.
We could think of using a convention for the execution-id, or define a new
element in the pom-5.0.0

thanks,

Robert