maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Topics for "Maven Development Hangout"
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:41:18 GMT
Sure, how about Thursday? We were also thinking of trying to make it earlier in the day for
Europeans. It was a scheduling error on my part making it late at night in Europe.

On Jun 19, 2014, at 12:08 PM, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we move it to a day of the week other than Wed? as I'd really like to
> join
>

> On 19 June 2014 16:51, Tamás Cservenák <tamas@cservenak.net> wrote:
>
>> I did not make it for the first one, but watched the recording.
>>
>> One topic I'd like to propose is about thing mentioned at very last minutes
>> of the recording: repository tags in POM, "smarter protocol" between Maven
>> and MRM, etc....
>>
>> Should we have some wiki with topic proposals maybe?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> ~t~

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks