maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mingliang Qi <qmlm...@gmail.com>
Subject question about shared assembly descriptor
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 21:17:36 GMT
Hello *,
	I have a problem when using the sharing assembly descriptors. Let’s say i have a directory
structure loos like:

module-A
    +-- src
    |   `-- main
    |       `-- resources
    |           `-- assemblies
    |               `-- myassembly.xml
    `— pom.xml
module-B
    `—pom.xml

module-B’s pom.xml wants to use the descriptor in module-A, which could be done by adding
module-A as a dependency on the assembly plugin then use the descriptorRefs. But the problem
is I already has module B as a dependency in module-A. so this will lead to a cyclic reference.

If i do without the dependency and just use the descriptor directly will also lead to wrong
base directory for the descriptor.(the base directory for myassembly.xml will be module-B)

How can i use the shared assembly descriptor in this case properly?

Best,
Mingliang