maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Checkstyle Plugin and backwards compatibility
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:19:17 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

based on the description of this issue it looks the same challenge with
the license files and configuration files.
With MCHECKSTYLE-219/MCHECKSTYLE-225 I've rewritten the way of loading
these files, since these are just jars containing additional files for
checkstyle, not necessary required on the classpath.

To answer your question: the plugin requires Maven 2.2.1 ( see
${project.prerequisites.maven} )
This is still considered to be a valid minimum version, I don't think that
the solution for this bug requires another minimum.

Apache has a Jenkins instance with several combination of JDKs and Maven
version for testing.

For yourself: download M2.2.1 from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/

And run the project as
mvn verify -Prun-its -Dinvoker.mavenHome=/path/to/apache-maven-2.2.1

thanks,

Robert