maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: [Maven 4.0.0] Removing ability for plugins to dynamically inject dependencies
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:57:01 GMT
> My proposal is strictly to prohibit a plugin from modifying a project's
> classpath implicitly. That this become fully explicit such that I can
> remove some of the convoluted logic in the core to account for this.

Not allowing plugins to randomly inject new dependencies makes sense. I see
some cases where you still want to add a new dependency to the plugin class
path, but from above that sounds unrelated to what you are proposing
changing?

Fwiw, I don't recall the dependency plugin actually injecting stuff into
the project class path but equally wish that the copy/unpack goals could
simply go away regardless. (in leu of the more normal xxx-dependencies
versions)