maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkesle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Maven Checkstyle Plugin and backwards compatibility
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:39:46 GMT
I'm trying to see if I can fix this bug:

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-228

Forgive me if I have some basic/stupid questions …

With what version of Maven does the Maven Checkstyle Plugin project aim to
have compatibility? Is maintaining backwards compatibility with Maven 2 a
goal?

The bug here seems to involve resource loading, and the plugin does some
classloader manipulation that the code comments (in
DefaultCheckstyleExecutor) indicate would be unnecessary in Maven 3.

How is backwards compatibility tested? e.g. Do I need try any changes to
the plugin out with Maven 2?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis