maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Operating system requirement
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:16:02 GMT
On 25 March 2014 21:42, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> Under requirements [1], we're stating the following:
>
> "No minimum requirement. On Windows, Windows NT and above or Cygwin is
> required for the startup scripts. Tested on Windows XP, Fedora Core and Mac
> OS X."
>
> What exactly are we trying to say with the "On Windows, Windows NT and
> above or Cygwin is required for the startup scripts." sentence? is it just
> me or is the English weird?
>
> Also, what is tested on WinXP, Fedora and Mac? Is it Maven which is tested
> on these platforms, or the startup scripts? AFAIK we have no CI IT builds
> on Fedora. But we have it on Ubuntu. Also, should we state Mac even though
> we don't have CI IT builds on Mac? I know we're several devs on Mac though.

The requirements also says:

"Disk No minimum requirement. Approximately 100MB will be used for
your local repository, however this will vary depending on usage ..."

AFAICT there _is_ a minimum requirement which is needed to store a
basic set of plugins.
And of course there is the Maven application itself, though that is
tiny (under 6Mb for 3.0.5)

100MB is quite a small repository; they can easily grow to 1GB or more.