maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Operating system requirement
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:42:16 GMT
Under requirements [1], we're stating the following:

"No minimum requirement. On Windows, Windows NT and above or Cygwin is
required for the startup scripts. Tested on Windows XP, Fedora Core and Mac
OS X."

What exactly are we trying to say with the "On Windows, Windows NT and
above or Cygwin is required for the startup scripts." sentence? is it just
me or is the English weird?

Also, what is tested on WinXP, Fedora and Mac? Is it Maven which is tested
on these platforms, or the startup scripts? AFAIK we have no CI IT builds
on Fedora. But we have it on Ubuntu. Also, should we state Mac even though
we don't have CI IT builds on Mac? I know we're several devs on Mac though.

/Anders

[1] http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi#Requirements