maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Operating system requirement
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:09:38 GMT
> The requirements also says:
>
> "Disk No minimum requirement. Approximately 100MB will be used for
> your local repository, however this will vary depending on usage ..."
>
> AFAICT there _is_ a minimum requirement which is needed to store a
> basic set of plugins.
> And of course there is the Maven application itself, though that is
> tiny (under 6Mb for 3.0.5)
>
> 100MB is quite a small repository; they can easily grow to 1GB or more.

So you think we should change to for example:
"Approximately 10MB is required for the Maven installation itself. In
addition to that, additional disk space will be used for your local Maven
repository. The size of your local repository will vary depending on usage
but calculate for at least 500MB."

Maven 3.2.1 is around 8MB, but Maven 3.0 is around 3.5MB and 2.x is even
smaller. Stating approx 10MB will give us some space.

My local repo is 1.5GB so I'm guessing an average dev would need at least
500MB.

ok?

/Anders