maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Jenkins job stability: was Re: [MNG-5551] Java 8 + Maven status
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:32:15 GMT
Hello,

as a fresh subscriber to notifications I really wonder how often the jobs
have failed in the last two weeks.

- One reason seems to be, that during staging of plugins and especially
shared components the jobs are failing because of staged dependencies are
not available in central. I proposed to include all of maven-staging to the
settings of Jenkins for IT and shared, but there were some concerns by
Karl-Heinz(?) Same goes for the pom staging.
- Yesterday maven-dependency-analyzer was not able to compile it's tests,
because the TestCase symbol from junit was missing, my guess would be a
defect local repository because of concurrent downloads.
- All in all right now the jobs do irritate me more than help me.
- IMO once a Jenkins job fails oftenly out of the blue it rapidly starts to
become useless :-)

So I have two proposals:
- Include maven-staging in a special settings file included in maven-shared
and maven-plugin only to be used in Jenkins.
- Configure jobs to use a private repository in the Jenkins workspace and
purge it beforehand.

What do you think?

Regards
Mirko