maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-assembly-plugin / Maven default folder layout
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 21:58:18 GMT
Hi,

Did you change from src/main/config to src/config on purpose?

In this case (i.e. when using the appassembler plugin) it really
should be src/main/config, because the contents of that directory will
end up in the main artifact. Similar to resources which might not be
required at compile time, but will be required at runtime.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so based on the discussion we can conclude the result as follows:
>

> src/main
>     * are files required during compile time (production)
>
>       src/main/java
>       src/main/resources
>       src/main/filters
>

> src/test
>     * are files required during test time (unit testing; based on naming
>       schema we could also have integration tests here)
>
>       src/test/java
>       src/test/resources
>       src/test/filters
>

> src/it
>     * are files required during integration tests
>       (primarily for plugins)
>
> src/assembly
>     * for assembly descriptors and appropriate filter property files.
>
> src/config
>     * for configuration files.
>
> src/main/filters
>     * Resource filter files
>
> src/main/scripts
>     * Application/Library scripts
>
> src/main/webapp
>     * Web application sources
>
> src/site
>     * Maven Site
>
> So the default folder layout site should be updated.
>
> src/it is currently not on the site in any way...
>

> Kind regards
> Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Dennis Lundberg