maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: maven-assembly-plugin / Maven default folder layout
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:45:58 GMT
Hi,

so based on the discussion we can conclude the result as follows:

src/main
     * are files required during compile time (production)

       src/main/java
       src/main/resources
       src/main/filters

src/test
     * are files required during test time (unit testing; based on naming
       schema we could also have integration tests here)

       src/test/java
       src/test/resources
       src/test/filters

src/it
     * are files required during integration tests
       (primarily for plugins)

src/assembly
     * for assembly descriptors and appropriate filter property files.

src/config
     * for configuration files.

src/main/filters
     * Resource filter files

src/main/scripts
     * Application/Library scripts

src/main/webapp
     * Web application sources

src/site
     * Maven Site

So the default folder layout site should be updated.

src/it is currently not on the site in any way...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise