maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <>
Subject Incremental build API
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:43:57 GMT

For those who are interested in incremental builds we, at Takari, have released a general
purpose incremental build API with an initial focus on Maven. We've created a short, high-level
description of the framework[1] and we've opened up our Git repository with the code[2]. We
also have a some demos that people can look at[3]. We are, and have been, running this code
in production for a few months but it is still a work in progress. We have implemented a Maven
lifecycle that integrates this API but we've just started using it ourselves. We will open
this lifecycle up shortly for people to try but for now, if you're interested in incremental
builds take a look and let us know what you think!

A note to those interested that the use of the API in Maven requires 3.2.1+.

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks