maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: SCM Web URL?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:31:41 GMT
I'm not in phase with such analysis

that's:
1. something logic: if you have ${url} for a path, ${url}/sub-directory is
expected for the url to the sub-directory. Anything more complex should be
avoided as much as possible. POM inheritance actually only supports this
simple (yet sensible) algorithm.

2. it works for svnview, viewvc, Fisheye, github and a lot of other web access
tools, but not for gitview as configured at ASF (gitview can support it, I
found documentation)

As reported on the list a few monthes ago (the intent was to discuss about it,
but I got no reply), on Maven core, I configured github mirror [1]

We had multiple options:
- do such github mirror link for every Maven component migrating to git
- work with ASF infra (don't know who precisely) to see if ASF gitview
configuration could be improved to support such feature

Since there was no reply and I could not make a decision by myself, I
considered nobody was interested in improving git support for Maven

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.1/maven-plugin-api/source-repository.html