maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Incremental build API
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 04:10:16 GMT

On Mar 25, 2014, at 7:31 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Interesting.
>
> What is the plan about org.sonatype.plexus:plexus-build-api already integrated
> in some plugins?

We consider it deficient for properly tracking stale outputs and being fine-grained enough
to make an incremental compiler. We likely won't be developing that API any further but we'll
continue to support that API in M2E.

> Given the expected large diffusion of this API, wouldn't it be wise to put it
> at Apache?
> or Eclipse?
> (I won't rehash previous discussions about freedom and preferences from each
> people)

We may in the future, but it is being developed for a customer and will likely remain in a
high degree of flux. Our highest priority is getting it all working and Github is the easiest
place to develop for now.