maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Barnett, Ian" <ian.barn...@lmco.com>
Subject Settings.xml nonProxyHosts Requires pipe-delimiter rather than commas
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:05:50 GMT
I develop behind a proxy.  Some of our servers sit behind that proxy as well, including our
Nexus Repository.  I have configured my settings.xml to point to our proxy but to ignore the
hosts that are behind that proxy.  If I use a comma-delimited list in my nonProxyHosts, Maven
seems to ignore that list and apply the proxy to those hosts as well.  If I use a pipe-delimited
list in my nonProxyHosts, everything works great and Maven does NOT try to apply the proxy
to those hosts.

According to this document only pipes are acceptable as delimiters, which is what I observed:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

According to this document either pipes or commas are acceptable as delimiters which is incorrect
according to my observation: https://maven.apache.org/settings.html (Proxies header)

This is an example of the proxies block in my settings.xml file that does not work.  When
Maven needs to hit 123.456.789.111 or my.nexus.host, it applies the proxy to it.

  <proxies>

    <proxy>

      <id>My Proxy</id>

      <active>true</active>

      <protocol>http</protocol>

      <username></username>

      <password></password>

      <host>my.proxy.com</host>

      <port>80</port>

          <nonProxyHosts>localhost,123.456.789.*,my.nexus.host</nonProxyHosts>

    </proxy>

  </proxies>

This example WORKS.  Proxy is ignored for any requests to 123.456.789.111 or my.nexus.host,
etc.

  <proxies>

    <proxy>

      <id>My Proxy</id>

      <active>true</active>

      <protocol>http</protocol>

      <username></username>

      <password></password>

      <host>my.proxy.com</host>

      <port>80</port>

          <nonProxyHosts>localhost|123.456.789.*|my.nexus.host</nonProxyHosts>

    </proxy>

  </proxies>

Environment:
Maven 3.1.1