maven-dev mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Java 1.5
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:00:33 GMT
+1 to dump Java5 compat. In about 2 months, even Java 6 will rapidly become
old. We're already using Java 1.7 at our shop, and plan to migrate to 1.8
asap. And we're really not a startup kind of company ;-). And I'm sure the
features in 1.8 (compared to the ones in the previous version) is gonna
accelerate the move. Sure you'll always companies where migration is said
to be hard, but any move being made would be considered hard to absorb by
those anyway... :)

Stephen, when talking about version policy in the current context, do you
mean something like "any plugin could from now on be released with 1.6+
requirement, you would just have to make sure to bump the MAJOR (or only
minor?) version number to acknowledge the change" ?