maven-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Cooke <fred.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convert everything to Git
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:13:26 GMT
+            <extension>
+                <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
+                <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
+                <version>${extension.version.wagon}</version>
+            </extension>

It was SSH settings that were not being respected. Things like ports and
ssh hosts vs DNS lookups, etc.

There were other issues with multi-module-parents vs ONLY-parents vs
aggregator poms. MRELEASE-814

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-812
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-815

Other issues were m-site-p in terms of variables and inheritance and
uploads, which work OK for general generation.

IIRC the results of these bugs was that I had a lot of unwanted duplication
of config that I couldn't inherit because it got mal-processed. Nothing
worse, but duplication is evil and makes baby Jesus and other equally
ordinary small children cry.

Then there are things that are just generally broken and don't affect git
worse than other SCMs

<!--                     <scmCommentPrefix>Releasing ${project.artifactId}
version ${project.version} </scmCommentPrefix> --> <!-- Space trimmed and
version snapshot, yuck. -->

But I'm OT now.

Fred.