maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Maven 2.x is end of life
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:14:03 GMT
We have not made a release of Maven 2.x since 2.2.1 which was August 2009.

During that period no release manager has stepped up to cut a release.

I would argue that we should just therefore just declare Maven 2.x as end
of life.

This vote is therefore to resolve this issue.

The vote will be decided on the basis of committer votes cast. If the
majority of votes from committers (which includes PMC members) are in
favour then we will declare 2.x end of life.

If you are a committer and voting -1, then we will assume that you are
willing to step up and act as a release manager to get a 2.2.2 release out
(which would hopefully include being able to not barf on maven-metadata.xml
that uses the <snapshotVersions> schema generated by Maven 3.x but the
release manager gets to decide what it is they want to release)

The decision on this is actually quite simple as if there is nobody
committer to act as a release manager for the 2.x line, then it is end of
life.

+1: Maven 2.x is end of life, I am not willing to act as release manager
for this line of releases
0: I have no opinion
-1: Maven 2.x is not end of life, I am willing to act as release manager
for this line of releases

The vote will be open for 72h and may be closed earlier in the unlikely
event that all Maven committers have cast a vote before the 72h are up.

-Stephen