maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Maven 2.x is end of life
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:18:31 GMT
I suggest you convince at least one of these people:
https://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#maven that they should
act as release manager.

EOL just means we will not be making new releases, and it will be moved to
the archive section of the downloads.

You will still be able to download it. You will still be able to get the
source code. We just will be recognising the fact that there is nobody who
wants to cut a release from the 2.x codebase.

Hopefully focusing on the 3.x codebase will allow us to iron out the bugs
you feel are present in 3.x and thus preventing you from migrating... but
if there are any committers who want to cut 2.x releases, I - as a PMC
member - will certainly stand up and do what is required in terms of
testing the source bundle and checking the IP etc... I don't see any
committers standing up.

If the vote is for EOL and after this vote there is a committer who wants
to act as release manager for 2.x, we will not stop them from releasing
either... we will just stop putting 2.x on the active downloads page