maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning out @deprecated methods in MavenSession
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 19:53:30 GMT
I just see little point in pissing off users with extensive breakage if we
have simple means of assessing the consequences before we do it.
Deprecations come in all sorts, some turn out to be like the "new" style
configuration for the site plugin; where exposure to the wild revealed that
the old solution had important capabilities the new solution was lacking.

It's really just a matter of having some idea of how much stuff breaks. Of
course the code should be rewritten. Without any real knowledge of the
impact of removing the methods, we're really only guessing.

Kristian